Series 386 Non-Automatic Transfer Switch
User Initiated Control
ASCO 386 non-automatic transfer switches are generally used in applications where operating personnel are available and the load is not an emergency type requiring automatic transfer of power. The power-switching mechanism and controller is the same hardware used on the highly reliable ASCO Series 300 transfer switches. ASCO 386s are furnished as standard with a momentary-type selector switch to initiate transfer and retransfer. They can also be arranged for remote control via ASCO's communications products.
ASCO 386 400 Amp Type 1
Enclosure with Optional Accessories 9C, 9D Source Availability Lights.
Standard Selectable Control Features:
- Listed under UL 1008, CS certified:
- UL Listed through 480 VAC.
- CSA certified through 600 VAC.
- Door-mounted selector switch for local, manually initiated electrical control.
- Sizes for 30 through 3000 amps.
- Available to 600 VAC, 50 or 60 HZ.
- Rated for all classes of load transfer.
100% tungsten load ratings through 400 amps.
- Designed for emergency and standby applications.
- Same withstand and close-on rating as Series 300.
- Inphase monitor to transfer motor loads between live sources, without any intentional off time, to prevent inrush currents from exceeding normal starting levels.
- Selective load disconnected, double-throw contact to operate at an adjustable 0 to 20 second time delay prior to transfer and reset 0 to 20 seconds after transfer.
- High/Low nominal voltage setting. Allows user to adjust for source low reduced voltage conditions in remote areas.
- 60 Hz or 50 Hz selection switch.
- Single/Three-phase selection Switch.
Control and Display Panel Control Features:
- Switch position indicating signal lights.
- One auxiliary contact, closed when transfer switch is connected to normal and one closed on emergency, standard feature 14A/14B.
- 6Q Key-operated, momentary source selector switch furnished instead of the standard selector switch.
- 9C, 9D Source availability lights to provide operator with a local indication of power source availability.
- Accessory 14AA/14BA auxiliary contacts to indicate position of main contacts. Two (2) for normal position and two (2) for emergency position (one set is standard).
- 72A Communication interface module (RS-485) to allow local or remote communications with ASCO PowerQuest® or SITEWEBTM communications products.
- 72E Connectivity Module 5150 is used to bring several different serial devices that communicate at different baud rates and with different protocols to a common Ethernet media.
- Special enclosures (Specify by appropriate code in catalog number): Type 3R: Rain tight
Type 4: Weatherproof
Type 12: Oil Tight
To order an ASCO Series 386 Transfer Switch, complete the following catalog number:
B1 Switched Neutral
|2 poles, 1 Ø
3 poles, 3 Ø
|30, 70, 104, 150, 2004, 2304, 260, 400, 600, 800, 1000, 1200, 1600, 2000, 30005
||Insert "X" If optional accessories are required
|This information is necessary to allow correct control settings prior to shipment. |
||Type 1 (Standard)|
Source Availability Lights
||Type 3R Enclosure|
||Type 4 Enclosure2
Auxiliary Contacts (2 Sets)
||Type 4X SS Enclosure2|
Serial Interface Module
||Type 12 Enclosure2|
||Type 3R Secure Enclosure
||Type 4X Secure Double Door SS Enclosure2
- Specify neutral code "C" for 260 and 400 amperes only.
- Available 30-1000 and 1600 amps. Use Type 3R for 1200, 2000, 2600 and 3000 amp applications.
- 115-120 volt available 30-400 amps only. For other voltages contact ASCO. Consult ASCO for special ordering when a CSA label is required.
- 200 and 230 amp rated switches for use with copper cable only.
- Secure type provided as standard for 2600-3000 amp.
- Type 304 Stainless Steel is standard. Suitable for indoor or outdoor use where there may be caustic or alkali chemicals in use. To provide an improved reduction in corrosion of salt and some chemicals, type 316 Stainless Steel is recommended. This is a preferred choice for marine environments.
If in doubt or you need additional information we recommend you contact one of our Sales representatives. They have the knowledge to facilitate the ordering process to ensure you choose the product you need.
Find your local ASCO Representative.
Ask us for Additional Information.
Call us at 1-800-800-ASCO (2726)
Extended Warranties for Series 300 Transfer Switches
||Two -Year Extended Warranty (Parts & Labor)|
||Three -Year Extended Warranty (Parts & Labor)|
||Four -Year Extended Warranty (Parts & Labor)|
||Five -Year Extended Warranty (Parts & Labor)|