University of Phoenix
The parent company for University of Phoenix and other education subsidiaries, Apollo Group offers educational programs at 95 campuses and 153 learning centers in 39 states; Puerto Rico; Alberta, British Columbia; Netherlands and Mexico.
Enrollment at University of Phoenix and other Apollo Group subsidiaries more than doubled between 2001 and 2005, driving the need for a new data center design. Because the organization’s educational model depends on continuous availability of information technology services, an adaptive data center infrastructure was critical. It was also important to gain a better understanding of data center operations to enhance growth planning and increase data center management efficiency.
- Deployed a flexible and scalable power and cooling architecture that ensures the data center can support future business and technology requirements.
- Enhanced data center availability through multiple active power and cooling distribution paths with redundant components that are concurrently maintainable.
- Increased understanding of the current state of critical IT infrastructure through proactive monitoring and management.
- Gained real-time visibility into available power and cooling capacity.
- Reduced risk of technology deployment by enabling ability to model impact of technology changes on data center infrastructure.
|Products and Services:
||Liebert MP Advanced In-Rack Power Distribution
Liebert FDC Foundation Distribution Cabinets
Liebert System Control Cabinets
Liebert Series 610 UPS Systems
Liebert SiteScan Web
Liebert Deluxe Precision Cooling Systems
Liebert Foundation Enclosures with Expansion Channels
||Create and maintain an adaptive data center cooling and power infrastructure for mission-critical data center at university serving more than 300,000 students worldwide.
Read more about the University of Phoenix case study.