Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center
Nationally recognized as a Top 100 Hospital, Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center is a 436-bed acute-care teaching hospital that serves Eastern Los Angeles and Western San Bernardino counties.
A four-year project to implement an integrated workflow management platform introduced new technology, challenging data center management with heat loads that threatened current operations and future technology deployments. “We simply did not have the data center infrastructure to move forward,” says Kent Hoyos, CIO at Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center.
- Expanded data center capacity with flexible and scalable data center cooling system
- Eliminated heat-related equipment failures
- Significantly reduced help desk calls resulting from poor performance of data center systems
- Paved way for implementation of integrated patient accounting, electronic physician order entry and patient health care record projects
“All of the sudden the help desk got quiet. The problems that we were experiencing because of the un-optimized operating conditions just ceased.”
- Kent Hoyos, CIO, Pomona Valley Medical Center
|Products and Services:
||Liebert XD data center cooling system
Liebert XDP pumping units
Liebert XDV cooling modules
||Eliminate heat-related equipment problems in hospital data center created by introduction of new technology required to eliminate paper-based processes.
Read more about the Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center case study.