Pasco County is Florida’s premier county for balanced economic growth, environmental sustainability, and first-class services. The County administration’s mission is to provide excellent customer service to its citizens in a lean, efficient and accountable manner.
Home to approximately 475,000 residents, Tampa Bay-area Pasco County provides technical services and support – including server functionality and telephony/communication needs – to approximately 4,000 users ranging from emergency personnel to government officials. Pasco County’s continued IT growth and dependence, coupled with the budget constraints of a taxpayer-funded entity, led to a need for a cost-effective and highly available data center design update.
- Achieved savings of 60 percent over a traditional computer room by implementing the SmartRow offering
- Saved $80,000 in installation costs, completing the project within four months (bid to deployment)
- Reduced potential fire suppression system costs by $28,000
- Raised IT productivity as a result of the solution’s remote monitoring system
- Created a data center where people could work safely and comfortably due to the SmartRow offering’s internal fire suppression system and low noise factor
||Pasco County, Fla.|
|Products and Services:
||Emerson Network Power’s SmartRow infrastructure solution integrating data center cooling and uninterruptible power|
||Update the data center infrastructure to align with increasing IT needs and a limited budget, while maintaining safety and availability.
Read more about the Pasco County case study or watch the case study video.