Langan Engineering and Environmental Services
Langan Engineering & Environmental Services is an engineering and environmental consulting firm with expertise in nearly all real estate development sectors.
In the midst of rapid growth and a corporate initiative to become more environmentally responsible from an IT perspective, Langan needed to upgrade its data center infrastructure. A key part of this effort was installing an uninterruptible power (UPS) system that would support efforts to reduce data center energy consumption and provide a clear path for expansion as blade servers and virtualization were introduced.
- Optimized enterprise data center efficiency with a software-scalable UPS that can quickly and easily double in capacity without adding or modifying hardware.
- Established an economical path for growth that maximizes capital investments and meets data center space constraints.
- Created a flexible data center power infrastructure that responds quickly and easily to the introduction of new technology and the change in data center equipment while decreasing downtime by 20 percent.
- Reduced data center energy consumption by installing a UPS that operates at a 97 percent efficiency level.
“Because of its software scalability I can simply unlock additional capacity to 60 kVA and then 80 kVA as we need it without having to replace or bring in more hardware. I especially like that I will not need approval from my CIO or CFO for more equipment.”
- Michael Breen,IT Manager, Langan Engineering & Environmental Services
||Elmwood Park, N.J.
|Products and Services:
||Liebert NX with Softscale™ technology
Liebert Services Remote Service Delivery
||High availability of data and IT services across the company with a clear roadmap for supporting virtualization and future IT growth, and reducing data center energy consumption.
Read more about the Langan Engineering and Environmental Services case study or watch the case study video.