Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, DataCenter.BZ provides enterprise-grade data center and telecom solutions—including high-density co-location, cloud computing, metro-area dark fiber, managed hosting, hosted storage and related disaster recovery solutions—to a variety of regional, national and international customers, including major telecommunications network carriers, government entities, healthcare systems and numerous Fortune 1000 companies.
In an effort to keep up with rapid growth in demand for its premium data center services, the company expanded its 66,000-square-foot headquarters with the addition of a second carrier-neutral data center in 2011. When turning up more than 22,000 square feet of additional raised floor space to support its high-density IT and telecom operations (more than 32,000 square feet of 24-inch raised floor space in total), DataCenter.BZ relied upon Emerson Network Power to optimize its unique data center infrastructure for availability and efficiency.
- Substantial gains in power and cooling capacity enabled DataCenter.BZ to continue providing data center customers with 500 watts per square foot of power
across a 32,000-square-foot raised floor along with ultra-high-density cabinet power deployments—some up to 90 kW (50 kW in standard racks)
- Cooling infrastructure helped to achieve a facility-wide PUE of 1.25 or less
- Projected to achieve LEED Certification from the United States Green Building Council (USGBC)
- 100 percent site availability since completion of initial carrier-neutral data center provisioning in 2007
- 2(N+1) redundancy maintained on all critical power and cooling infrastructure
“We chose Liebert NX UPS solutions specifically for their reliability, but also for their unique high efficiency across a wide load range together with their scalability and modularity.”
- Paul Keinath, CFO and partner of DataCenter.BZ
|Products and Services:
||Room-based infrastructure design aligned with the SmartDesign™ approach, which simplifies data center design by applying power, cooling and monitoring technologies from Emerson Network Power to create an integrated, highly efficient room-based infrastructure.DataCenter.BZ’s SmartDesign infrastructure includes: |
Liebert NX uninterruptible power supply (UPS) modules with Softscale™ technology
Liebert CW precision cooling units with EC fans and VFD drives
Liebert FPC power conditioning and distribution cabinets
Liebert SiteScan monitoring software
||Support DataCenter.BZ’s data center expansion with an ultra-high-density power and cooling infrastructure optimized for efficiency and flexibility without compromising its 2(N+1) high-availability operational commitment.|
Read more about the DataCenter.BZ case study.