Data Center Planner screen shots are graphical pictures taken of the application functions. This may include the specific actions, functions and characteristics. It may also include whatever is being displayed by currently running programs.
- Microsoft® Windows® Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition SP2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 (64 bit)
- Red Hat® Enterprise Linux 5.4 (32-bit)
- Red Hat Linux RPM Packages - libXext, libXtst, libXi, xorg-x11-apps, xorg-x11-xauth
- Hardware - Single-core Pentium 4 CPU @ 2.8GHz, 2GB RAM, 8GB free hard disc space
- Specialized versions of Microsoft Windows Server such as SMB Server and Storage Server are not supported.
- When the Avocent server is on Windows Server 2008 with Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration (IE ESC) enabled, which is the default, port 8443 and 8092 must be open for remote computers to run the application.
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional with SP3 (32-bit support only)
- Microsoft Windows Vista® Business SP2
- Adobe Flash Player 10 (Flash Player 10 is not supported on Red Hat Enterprise Linux, but the non-debug version supports both Windows and Linux.)
- Hardware - Single-core Pentium 4 CPU @ 2.8GHz, 1GB RAM, LAN Connection
- Firefox® 3
- Microsoft Internet Explorer® 7
- Microsoft Internet Explorer® 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer® 9
For use over wide area network (WAN), a connection of 1.5 MB or more and network latency less than 150 ms is required.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Microsoft Excel® 2003
- Crystal Reports® 2008 or 2011 (optional)
The minimum resolution required for Data Center Planner is 1024x768. At this resolution, it is necessary to view the application in full-screen mode.
NOTE: If Microsoft Office is not installed on the client, you can only save floor plans as All Files(*.*). Floor plans export properly, but the file does not get an extension, which makes Excel software hesitant to open it. The file name should have the .xls extension.
Supported Database Types
- PostgreSQL - This is an object-relational database management system and can be used, modified and distributed by anyone free of charge for any purpose. Version 8.2 is used if the application is upgraded to a newer version. Version 8.4.2 is installed if the application is a new installation.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - This is a comprehensive, integrated data management and analysis software that enables organizations to reliably manage information and confidently run complex business applications.
- Microsoft SQL 2008 R2 (64 bit)
Minimum System Recommendations
||Processor: Single core Pentium 4
||Standard desktop configuration
||Processor: Dual core Intel Xeon processor, 4MB cache
Speed:1.87GHz or greater
|4GB or greater
||SATA class I/O consistent with RAID 5 using 7200 rpm drives
||Application Server and DBMS on separate machines
Hardware requirements are identical for both