|Software Part Numbers|
|DSView 4.5 software 60-day Demo
|DSView 4.5 software Starter Pack - 1 hub, 1 spoke, 250 managed devices
|DSView 4.5 software Standard Pack - 1 hub, 2 spokes, 500 managed devices
|DSView 4.5 software Plus Pack - 1 hub, 4 spokes, 2,000 managed devices
|DSView 4.5 software Premium Pack - 1 hub, 8 spokes, 5,000 managed devices
|DSView 4.5 software MAX Pack - 1 hub, 15 spokes, unlimited managed devices
Important Note: Minimum of 1 year Silver software upgrade protection required on all DSView 4 software & add-on licenses
|System Add-Ons Part Numbers|
|DSView 4.5 software Spoke Server add-on license
|DSView 4.5 software single Zone add-on license - 1 pack
|DSView 4.5 software managed device license - 10-pack
|DSView 4.5 software managed device license - 50-pack
|DSView 4.5 software managed device license - 100-pack
|DSView 4.5 software managed device license - 500-pack
|DSView 4.5 software managed device license - 1,000-pack
|DSView 4.5 software managed device license - 10,000-pack
|Feature Add-On Part Numbers|
|DSView 4.5 software add-on - DCP integration-DCP
|DSView 4.5 software Web Services API kit
By consolidating all data center management functionality into a single interface, Avocent DSView™ management software delivers the complete data center control necessary for the 24/7 data center.
The Avocent DSView management software enables secure, out-of-band, centralized management of all connected IT and network devices in today’s often complex and geographically dispersed data centers.
When used in conjunction with KVM appliances, serial console appliances, service processor gateways and PDUs, the hardware and software combine to allow IT administrators to remotely access, monitor and control target devices on multiple platforms at numerous locations–anywhere, anytime.
The Avocent DSView management software provides data centers with secure, centralized management for physical and virtual IT assets. By allowing administrators to remotely diagnose and modify any managed device, regardless of the health or status of the OS or network connection, Avocent DSView management software makes data center management and remote offices more accessible, extensible and secure.
- Secure, Remote, Centralized Data Center Management - Access and control your entire IT assets (physical and virtual) from a single screen
- Multi-Device Support - : Click and connect centralized management for blades, VMWare virtual infrastructure, KVM over IP switches, Avocent® ACS advanced console servers, Avocent® Power Management Distribution Units (PM PDUs), select third-party KVM and PDUs
- Enhanced Security: Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) appliance support allows you to change the mode of an added appliance from FIPS to non-FIPS, and the DSView™ software supports full functionality in both modes. Support for 2048 Bit SSL encryption for the system and the client provides stronger SSL keys for user access to the DSView software and for appliances. FIPS 140-2 compliance is only supported on Avocent® MergePoint Unity™ KVM over IP and serial console switches and Avocent® ACS 6000 console servers.
- SNMP v3 Support: SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) v3 uses the user-based security model (USM) for message security. The USM configures level of security, authentication, privacy protocols, and keys for user agents and managers. With USM, messages exchanged between the manager and the agent have data integrity checking and data origin authentication.
- Virtual Media Support: Map smart card/CAC readers, CD-ROMs and other media to a remote server to pass credentials, transfer files, apply application and OS patches and CD-ROM diagnostics
- Integrated Solution for KVM and Power Control: Integrates BIOS-level access and power control in one solution and provides external modem support when the network is down
- Simple, Fast and Reliable User Interface: Browser-based, customizable with usability features including keyboard pass-through, scaling and custom viewer toolbar
- Notifications: SNMP traps and email notification for defined system events
- Scheduling: Simplify management of routine tasks, updates and file loading, including automation of task schedules and updates
- Multi-Platform Support: Windows, Linux, Sun Solaris and SuSE platforms
- Failover Authentication: Hub and spoke architecture, provides failover access authentication, ensuring system reliability and security
- Flexible Authentication/Access Controls: Authenticate user permission against your existing internal or external authentication service, such as LDAP, Active Directory, NT Domain, TACACS+, RADIUS and RSA SecurID
- System/User Logs: System and user log management and event notification to help facilitate auditing and compliance
- Selectable Encryption Modes: Gain enhanced security as selectable encryption modes can support your security policy (AES, DES, 3DES, 128bit SSL)
- Exit Macros: Log out each user when a session window is closed
- DS Zones: Restrict user access by zones for easier tracking and auditing
Avocent DSView Management Software Login Screen
DSView 4 Management Software Interface
NOTE: See the Avocent® DSView™ management software installer/user guide and the most current release notes for more information.
NOTE: Unless noted otherwise, both 32 bit and 64 bit browsers are supported.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 9, 10 or 11
- Mozilla Firefox® version 45.0 ESR
- Google Chrome version 50
Minimum OS Requirements
The following are the minimum Operating System (OS) requirements for installing the DSView™ software on a dedicated hub or spoke server:
- Microsoft® Windows Server 2008 (x64), 2008 R2 (x64), 2012 (x64) and 2012 R2 (x64)
- SuSe® Linux Enterprise Server 11(x64), OpenSuse 12.1 (x64)
- RedHat® Enterprise Server 6.4 (x64), 6.5 (x64), 7 (3.10.0-123.el7.x86_64)
- Sun™ Solaris SPARC® 10
- CentOS 6.5 (x64), CentOS 7 (x64)
Minimum Hardware Requirements:
For a large system (more than 7000 target devices):
- Windows/Linux: Dedicated physical server, minimum of one 2+ GHz multi-core CPUs, 6+ GB RAM, 80+ GB HDD
- Sun Server: 1 GHz UltraSparc III, 6 GB RAM, 80 GB HDD
- LAN: 1 GBPS/10 GBPS
- Database: Local or remote
For a medium system (1000-7000 target devices):
- Windows/Linux: Dedicated physical server, one 2+ GHz CPU, dedicated 6 GB RAM, 40+ GB HDD
- Sun Server: 1 GHz UltraSparc III, 6 GB RAM, 40+ GB HDD
- LAN: 10 MBPS/100 MBPS/1 GBPS
- Database: Local or remote
For a small system (less than 1000 target devices)
- Windows/Linux: Dedicated physical server or ESX/HyperV Virtual Machine (no resource sharing), dedicated processing priority 2+ GHz, 6 GB RAM, 40 GB non- expanding HDD
- Sun Server: 1 GHz UltraSparc III, 6 GB RAM, 40 GB HDD
- LAN: 10 MBPS/100 MBPS
- Database: Local
Supported Virtual Infrastructures and Requirements:
The DSView management software plug-in for Virtualization allows you to access and control virtual machines from the DSView software. For more information on using virtual machines, see the Virtual Machine Technical Specifications document in the Downloads section on this page.
The following minimum requirements are recommended for virtual infrastructure environments:
Managed Device Support:
The Avocent® DSView™ management software supports many devices including advanced console servers, KVM switches, Power Distribution Units (PDUs), UPS devices, blade chassis, console switches, CDUs and virtual machines. For a comprehensive list of managed devices, please see the latest DSView software release notes.
The following modems and serial PCI cards are supported by the Avocent® DSView™ software, provided the modems are supported on the DSView™ software server operating system.
- MultiTech MT9234SMI
- Digi Rapidport USB Modem
- US robotics 5686
Note: The modems listed are not supported on Sun Solaris SPARC operating systems.