The following are included as standard with each controller:
- NEMA Type 2 (IEC IP11) drip-proof enclosure
- Horsepower rated disconnect switch, fuse block, and fuses
- Horsepower rated motor contactor and overload relay
- HAND-OFF-AUTO selector switch to allow manual operation of the pump
- Minimum run timer to prevent short-cycling
- 15-290 psi (1-20 bars) Pressure switch, diaphragmstyle, snap action type contact and 15-120 psi (1-8.3 bars) adjustable differential, suitable for freshwater applications.
- Control Circuit Transformer w/ 120VAC Secondary
The FTA500 Jockey Pump Controller utilizes across the line, full voltage starting. Full voltage is applied to the motor as soon as the controller is actuated, and the motor supplies its rated torque. When using full voltage starting, the power source must have suffi cient KVA capacity to handle motor locked rotor current and prevent the line voltage from dropping below acceptable levels.
When the controller is actuated, either by a drop in system pressure (in the “Auto” mode), or by placing the HAND-OFF-AUTO switch in the “Hand” position, the pump will start. In the “Auto” mode, the pump will continue to run until the pressure returns to a normal level and the minimum run timer has expired, whichever occurs last. In the “Hand” mode, the pump will continue to run until the HAND-OFFAUTO selector switch is moved from the “Hand” position.
The pressure switch is mounted inside the enclosure and is piped to a fi tting on the bottom of the enclosure.