FPGA Power Solutions
Programmable Power for Programmable FPGA Modules
Design engineers are attracted to FPGA modules because of their programming flexibility. They allow you to easily change your product as end user needs change. Does it make any sense to then power your FPGA modules with inflexible analog power supplies? Altera, Xilinx and other FPGA manufacturers responded NO - it is better to incorporate flexibility throughout your FPGA design to respond quickly to changes in the future.
Designed for FPGA applications, Embedded Power's power modules provide FPGA designers with the following benefits not found in analog or non-FPGA developed solutions:
- Flexibility - As your power needs change, you can program power input and output to match your changing needs. Change your power design without changing your power supply. In fact, for most of our FPGA power solutions are plug compatible which means a major change in your power needs can be addressed by simply removing one power supply and plugging in one with greater power output.
- Reduced time to Market - Analog power supplies require multiple steps to define, procure, test, and finalize your power solution... and, if there is a change, you start over. With an Embedded Power FPGA solution, you estimate your power needs, we find the best power solution for your needs, you procure it from our supplies at multiple vendors, and your ready for testing & product rollout
- FPGA Partnerships - Our programmable FPGA solutions have been developed in partnership with some of the world's largest FPGA chip manufacturers. We worked with them to find the best matches between their FPGA chips and their power needs and are working with them to develop design software, boards, and other tools to better allow designers to create integrated power - FPGA solutions in their new product designs.
- Lower Total Cost - While programmable power solutions cost a little more to purchase, they quickly recover this investment through lower costs throughout the life cycle of the product. You reduce the number of steps required integrate a power solution into your new design, can flexibly alter the power dimensions as your user needs change, and have plug compatibility if major changes are needed on your FPGA board. In addition, our FPGA partnerships means we will have the power supplies ready as new FPGA products are developed and released.
- Manufacturing capability for proven designs - Emerson Network Power manufacturers each FPGA power supply in volume and then places it at key distributor partners so you can immediately procure the right power supply in the volume you need. Because we "power" the products of the world's largest manufacturers, we have the manufacturing capability to meet any volume requirement. Once you find your power solution, you can link through our system to different distributors to get a sample or place an order to meet your manufacturing needs.
Ready to get started? Simply click on the FPGA Power Wizard , answer 6 questions about your FPGA design and we will take you to the power supply especially developed to drive your FPGA board. If you have additional questions, don't hesitate to contact us by clicking on the Contact Us box on the left.