Industry Leaders Gathering at California TECHSymposium
San Jose, Calif. [September 18, 2012] – The data center industry is evolving within an expanding information ecosystem that values efficiency, scalability, visibility and control more than ever before. Uniquely positioned to address those issues, Emerson Network Power, a business of Emerson (NYSE:EMR) and a global leader in maximizing availability, capacity and efficiency of critical infrastructure, today will host the California TECHSymposium, a one-day crash course designed to help select data center professionals understand and prepare for tomorrow’s data center.
The program will feature educational sessions from experts at Emerson Network Power and elsewhere across the data center industry, with topics ranging from emerging technologies and best practices in data center power, cooling and design, to discussions on data center infrastructure management (DCIM), consolidation and modular solutions. Attendees will receive CEU credits.
Educational sessions include:
- How Consolidation & Modernization Projects are Improving Performance at the State of California’s Data Center
- Ron Hughes, director, Office of Technology Services for the State of California
- Delivering Flexible Power Solutions that Offer High Efficiency, Low Cost and Reliable Protection
- Peter Panfil, vice president, Liebert AC Power, Emerson Network Power
- Design Processes for an Optimized Data Center: How Digital Realty’s Design and Build Methodology Meets Customer Needs
- Steve Kundich, vice president, design and construction, Digital Realty
- How Real-Time Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) Drives Performance and Optimization
- Kyle Keeper, senior manager, DCIM product planning, Emerson Network Power
- Road Trip: Getting to “Total Cost of Ownership” for the Data Center
- Paul Schlattman, vice president, Environmental Systems Design, Inc.
- Achieving Efficient, Economical Data Centers Through Modular Design
- Ron Bednar, director, solutions technologies, Emerson Network Power
- The Promise of New and Emerging Cooling Technologies: Cutting Energy Costs up to 70 Percent, While Minimizing Capex
- Steve Madara, vice president, global precision cooling, Emerson Network Power
Along with the educational sessions, everyone in attendance will have the opportunity to view and explore several new data center infrastructure technologies, with experts on hand to discuss applications and best practices. Data center managers, owners, operators, critical facility managers, engineers and support staff are among those registered and expected to attend. The event is sponsored by Emerson Network Power and the Data Center Users’ Group and will be held at the Marriott San Jose in San Jose, California.
For more information technologies and solutions from Emerson Network Power, visit www.EmersonNetworkPower.com.
About Emerson Network Power
Emerson Network Power, a business of Emerson (NYSE:EMR), delivers software, hardware and services that maximize availability, capacity and efficiency for data centers, healthcare and industrial facilities. A trusted industry leader in smart infrastructure technologies, Emerson Network Power provides innovative data center infrastructure management solutions that bridge the gap between IT and facility management and deliver efficiency and uncompromised availability regardless of capacity demands. Our solutions are supported globally by local Emerson Network Power service technicians. Learn more about Emerson Network Power products and services at www.EmersonNetworkPower.com.
Emerson (NYSE: EMR), based in St. Louis, Missouri (USA), is a global leader in bringing technology and engineering together to provide innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and consumer markets around the world. The company is comprised of five business segments: Process Management, Industrial Automation, Network Power, Climate Technologies, and Commercial & Residential Solutions. Sales in fiscal 2011 were $24.2 billion. For more information, visit www.Emerson.com.