The Avocent® Universal Management Gateway appliance is the first converged management appliance that enables remote management of any device, in any location, from any vendor, at any time in a secure, centralized manner. It extends
the competence of skilled, capable data center administrators by helping them standardize on a proven toolkit that delivers industry-leading security for Service Processor management.
Industry-leading Security: The Universal Management Gateway appliance
secures embedded Service Processors by providing the ability to physically segment them from your production network; in doing so, it acts like a gateway between the external network and
the system, thus Service Processors are no longer directly accessible from the
network – reducing risk.
Additional security is provided with the availability of FIPS 140-2 Certified cryptographic modules. When enabled, these modules provide encryption for all SSH transmissions.
High Availability: Access, control, and management systems must be trustworthy, and the Universal Management Gateway is. Built on a multi-generational platform, it’s designed to ensure a direct path to data center infrastructure that’s always-on,
always-available, and accessible from whenever, wherever.
Streamlined Management: Exclusively, the Universal Management Gateway appliance uses proven technology to deliver a single, unified approach for data center and IT infrastructure. The appliance integrates Digital KVM,
Serial Console, Service Processor and Environmental Management in a single-U platform, enabling customers to experience complete data center access and monitoring. No system can manage and monitor a multi-vendor environment like the Universal Management Gateway, which delivers the broadest Service Processor support in the industry.
Industry Leading Security
- Comprehensive DCIM platform in a single pane of glass
- Convenient single U chassis – reduced rack space and footprint
- Complete connectivity (IPMI, SNMP, OPC, Modbus, BACnet, Velocity)
- Physical sensor aggregation
- Easy installation across various remote access technologiesUp to 40 simultaneous KVM sessions
- Up to 1024 Service Processors; wide variety of servers managed
- Up to 40 full auto-sensing ports
KVM and SPM capability per port (using the UMIQ-V2)
- Data collection – up to 10,000 data points per minute
- Real-time information across IT and facilities