The ACS 5000 Console Server Series meets the remote management needs of medium to large data centers. The series is available in 4, 8, 16, 32 and 48 ports with a single AC power supply.
Security features such as SSH v2, RADIUS authentication, IP filtering and user access lists per port allow data center managers and system administrators to manage the network and servers remotely with greater control and reliability.
Console management features such as data buffering, direct access methods to the serial ports (TCP port and server name) and event notification improve monitoring capabilities, which allow for faster problem-solving and higher network uptime.
Features and Benefits
- Secure In-Band and Out-of-Band Network – Dependable network remote management
- Easy Configuration and Installation – Robust auto discovery tool
- Compliance with Data Center Access and Security Policies – Customizable, multiple access levels
- Integrated Power Management – Support for the Avocent Power Management Distribution Unit (PM PDU) and third-party power support
- Industry-Leading Enhanced Security Framework – Supports security policies using preset and custom security profiles
- Centralized Power Management – Enables monitoring and measurement of energy consumption and simplifies power and cooling capacity planning
- Centralized Administration for Access and Control – Using DSView 3 management software
- Compatible with Next-Generation Network Standards – Supports IPv6
- Access to Remote and Unreachable Locations – Using Ethernet/modem PC cards
- Automatic Event Tracking – Plus notification of fault conditions
- Regulatory Compliance and Easy Troubleshooting – Online and offline data logging with time stamp