Data Center Planner screen shots are graphical pictures taken of the application functions. This may include the specific actions, functions and characteristics. It may also include whatever is being displayed by currently running programs.
- Microsoft® Windows® Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition SP2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 SP1 (32-bit) Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 (64 bit)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 (64-bit) Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 (64-bit) Standard Edition
- Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 5.4 and 6.5 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.0 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Red Hat Linux RPM Packages - libXext, libXtst, libXi, xorg-x11-apps, xorg-x11-xauth, glibc, libXrender and libstdc++
- Hardware - Any server class processor with four or more cores, 4 GB or more memory, 16 GB hard disk or SSD
- Specialized versions of Microsoft Windows Server such as SMB Server and Storage Server are not supported.
- When the server is on Windows Server 2008 with Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration (IE ESC) enabled, which is the default, port 8443 and 8092 must be open for remote computers to run the application.
- Microsoft Windows 7 and 8.1 Professional
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional with SP3 (32-bit support only)
- Microsoft Windows Vista® Business SP2
- Adobe Flash Player 10 through 17 for Windows OS
- Adobe Flash Player 11 for Linux OS
- Avocent Data Center Planner Installer/User Guide
- Hardware - Intel® i7 Core Processor - dual or more core, 4 GB or more ram and 100 Mbits/s or faster network
- Mozzilla® Firefox®
- Microsoft Internet Explorer® 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11
- Google Chrome™
For use over wide area network (WAN), a connection of 1.5 MB or more and network latency less than 150 ms is required.
- Adobe® Reader®
- Microsoft Excel® 2003
- Crystal Reports® 2008 or 2011 (optional)
The minimum resolution required for Data Center Planner is 1024x768. At this resolution, it is necessary to view the application in full-screen mode.
NOTE: If Microsoft Office is not installed on the client, you can only save floor plans as All Files(*.*). Floor plans export properly, but the file does not get an extension, which makes Excel software hesitant to open it. The file name should have the .xls extension.
Supported Database Types
- Microsoft® SQL Server® 2005
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 (64-bit)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014
- PostgreSQL Version 9.1 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- PostgreSQL Version 8.4.2
||Processor: Single core Pentium 4
||Standard desktop configuration
||Processor: Dual core Intel Xeon processor, 4MB cache
Speed:1.87GHz or greater
|4GB or greater
||SATA class I/O consistent with RAID 5 using 7200 rpm drives
||Application Server and DBMS on separate machines|
Hardware requirements are identical for both