Microsoft Technology Center: Philadelphia
Microsoft® Technology Centers are collaborative, state-of-the-art facilities designed to connect customers with innovative technologies and world-class expertise. Collectively, the Technology Center facilitate more than 3,500 customer engagements annually ( across 34,000 individual customers) and influence more than $600 million in Microsoft server and services revenue.
SmartMod infrastructure Solution from Emerson Network Power, including:
- Emerson Network Power DCM™ rack enclosures
- Liebert CRV™ row-based cooling
- Liebert MPX™ adaptive and Liebert MPH™ managed rack power distribution strips
- Liebert NX™ UPS, 200 kVA power core and battery cabinet
- Liebert FPC™ power conditioning and distribution unit
- Liebert Nform™ centralized monitoring software
- Avocent® Data Center Infrastructure Management Software from Emerson Network Power (DSView™ and Data Center Planner)
Deploy a variable -capacity data center infrastructure capable of achieving the highest levels of efficiency and reliability, whilw maintaining the aesthetic characteristics required of a hardware and software products showcase.
- Established a scalable high-efficiency power and cooling infrastructure that will allow the data center to double its computing capacity without making additional infrastructure investments, increasing the data center's physical footprint, or incurring significant efficiency costs.
- The data center has endured several potentially catastrophic scenarios- including a hurricane and an earthquake- with zero unplanned downtime events since going online in March 2011.
To read more, download the Microsoft Technology Center: Philadelphia Case Study