SkyPort’s goal was to “raise the bar” in terms of efficiency, reliability, redundancy and customer service in the traditional satellite industry. Accomplishing that required developing a world-class data center and teleport facility. That was difficult enough in itself, but in order to capitalize on growing market demand for satellite-based telephony service, the company was on an extremely ambitious schedule—150 days from groundbreaking to first transmission.
Location: Houston, Texas
- Liebert Series 600T multi-module uninterruptible power system
- Liebert Precision Power Centers
- Liebert Static Transfer Switches
- Liebert SmartSwitches
- Liebert Interceptor II surge suppressors
- Emerson Energy Systems Candeo XL DC power system
- Liebert Deluxe System data center cooling
- Liebert Intelecool air conditioners with Tele2 controllers
- Liebert SiteLink Modbus interface panels
- Liebert SiteNet Integrator and Load Control
Enable emerging teleport services provider to deliver carrier-class reliability.
- Local service and support enabled SkyPort to develop the entire facility in just 150 days
- High availability data center power and cooling systems deliver the 99.9999 percent availability critical to telecommunications success
- The World Teleport Association named SkyPort the “Teleport Developer of the Year” in the year following the opening of its new facility
To read more, download the SkyPort International case study.