In the 1980s, Norton Healthcare inherited a basement data center to support mainframe computer systems. By 2006, the 35-year-old data center, which supported the organization’s 13,000 users and 400 servers, had reached its power capacity. Norton Healthcare overhauled its data center design to establish a power, cooling and monitoring infrastructure capable of supporting blade servers, virtualized servers, IP telephony systems, and electronic medical records.
Location : Louisville, Ky.
- Liebert Series 610 Uninterruptible Power Systems
- Liebert Npower UPS System
- Liebert FPC Power Conditioning and Distribution Cabinet
- Liebert Foundation Distribution Cabinets
- Liebert STS2 Static Transfer Switch
- Liebert Challenger 3000 Data Center Cooling System
- Liebert DS Precision Cooling System
- Liebert Deluxe System/3 Precision Cooling System
- Liebert SiteScan Monitoring Software
Completely re-build a data center infrastructure with a robust power, cooling and monitoring solutions capable of supporting a healthcare network.
- Doubled power capacity to establish a redundant power infrastructure to support more than 1,000 servers and future technologies.
- Increased cooling efficiency by establishing a hot-aisle/cold-aisle configuration capable of cooling high heat-density blade servers.
- Gained visibility of all environmental conditions and enabled proactive, preventative maintenance strategy through implementation of real-time monitoring.
To read more, download the Norton Healthcare case study