University of Illinois
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign conducts highly technical research requiring massive computing performance to support fields ranging from molecular biology to electromagnetic theory. The university decided to update its aging supercomputer array and data center design to provide world-class computing support for its world-class research.
Location: Urbana, Illinois
- Liebert Deluxe System/3 Data Center Cooling
- Liebert XDP Pumping Unit
- Liebert XDV Rack-Top Cooling Modules
Develop an adaptive data center cooling solution within space and time constraints, for a clustered supercomputer.
- Fully redundant cooling system supports continuous operation of vital campus supercomputing center.
- Temperatures are stabilized throughout the rack while computer achieves processing speeds of five teraflops.
- Highly scalable system enables future expansion.
To read more, download the University of Illinois case study.