Space constraints to existing data center design were challenging a prominent research institute to meet requests for deploying new technologies and increasing performance reliability. When a new construction project on the institute’s campus was approved, the IT team began planning for a new data center infrastructure. Realizing that the data center would be a place of frequent technology changes and additions, the team knew that it needed to invest in durable data center solutions that would not hamper existing technologies and constrain growth.
Location: New Jersey
- Knurr Racks
- Liebert MP Advanced Power Strips
- Liebert Nform Monitoring
Required new data center racks that provided greater airflow and monitoring of environmental conditions.
- Achieved proper airflow through a row of IT racks housing powerful servers and other technologies
- Improved rack-based data center power distribution to ensure connected equipment would benefit from higher reliability via receptaclemount construction
- Minimized disruptions from load monitoring and control on power strips
- Deployed racks with features that are flexible enough to support equipment changes
To read more, download the Reasearch Institute case study.