Home to approximately 475,000 residents, Tampa Bay-area Pasco County provides technical services and support – including server functionality and telephony/communication needs – to approximately 4,000 users ranging from emergency personnel to government officials. Pasco County’s continued IT growth and dependence, coupled with the budget constraints of a taxpayer-funded entity, led to a need for a cost-effective and highly available data center design update.
Location: Pasco County, Fla.
- Emerson Network Power’s SmartRow infrastructure solution integrating data center cooling and uninterruptible power
Update the data center infrastructure to align with increasing IT needs and a limited budget, while maintaining safety and availability.
- Achieved savings of 60 percent over a traditional computer room by implementing the SmartRow offering
- Saved $80,000 in installation costs, completing the project within four months (bid to deployment)
- Reduced potential fire suppression system costs by $28,000
- Raised IT productivity as a result of the solution’s remote monitoring system
- Created a data center where people could work safely and comfortably due to the SmartRow offering’s internal fire suppression system and low noise factor
To read more, download the Pasco County case study.