Data Center Planning Solution
Emerson Network Power's Avocent Data Center Planning Solution gives you something that will truly make you feel like an IT superhero: Insight. Insight into how your equipment is being utilized, where it’s residing, how much power it’s using and what would happen if you changed something. With that kind of power at your fingertips, you’ll be able to reduce costs and manage rapid change with few resources, no matter how complex your infrastructure is.Really understand what you have.
From weight and space to operating systems and software, Avocent’s Data Center Planning Solution can give you the knowledge you need to make the wisest decisions about your environment.Dynamically Monitor
- See environmental characteristics such as heat, cooling and power.Identify and Locate Assets
- Search for assets by type, domain name, IP address, etc. by providing the physical location and other basic information.Import Data
- Import existing data center information to fully leverage what you’ve already recorded.Manage Devices
- Interact with physical and virtual devices and effect change from a central, secure console. Remotely diagnose, modify and manage devices regardless of health or status of the OS or network connection. Really understand what you consume.
There’s no getting around it: Power usage is a major consideration for how you operate. Avocent’s solution lets you monitor power consumption and load capacity at multiple levels. Real-time data and historical reporting can be stored and viewed to help managers better understand how power is being used and how much still remains available.Really understand what you can do.
Emerson's Avocent solution creates a sandbox-like design environment, where you can create "what-if" scenarios that change real-time as you rework them.Visual Modeling
- Graphically see data center(s), racks and individual IT elements within the rack. Includes detailed visual information to aid in day-to-day operations.Planning and Design
- Let your imagination loose. Create multiple scenarios to help you understand the impact of change or additions. See changes to power, heat, cooling, etc. as you move things around.Equipment Library
- The specs of more than 250,000 distinct devices are at the ready for you to tap for planning and design. Size, weight, views, power usage, BTU output and much more.
Data Center Planning Solution Products
Rack Power Manager can manage enterprise size PDU deployments with ease, providing access and control capabilities to maintain and configure your PDUs.
Formerly Avocent MergePoint Infrastructure Explorer software, this powerful new offering arms companies with the flexible monitoring and reporting needed to more effectively manage their data centers.