The ACS v6000 virtual advanced console server offers the best of both worlds: virtual and physical. All of the next-generation functionality of our popular ACS 6000 has been encapsulated in a virtual appliance to enable dependable connectivity and management of virtual IT assets such as servers (Windows EMS, UNIX, Linux and Solaris), enabling the end user to manage these virtual assets in the same manner as physical assets while supporting routers, switches, public branch exchange (PBX) telecommunications equipment (DSU/CSU) and serial power devices.
Designed especially for the data center, this offering is a powerful addition to your cloud computing strategy. It fully integrates into a VMware environment, sustaining and improving such vital functions as vMotion. When a virtual server is moved within the environment, the ACS v6000 console server can maintain a persistent connection throughout the move process.
It also utilizes the direct serial connections of the device in which it resides. Once installed, it expands the functionality of the physical asset to do everything you expect from an advanced console server, such as remote device management, dial up and even out-of-band access.
Native VMware features included with ACS v6000 console server:
Need more information? Click here and talk to us.
- Runs on any standard x86 hardware, including Intel and AMD hardware virtualization-assisted systems
- Runs on a wider variety of Linux host and guest operating systems than any server virtualization product on the market
- Supports two-processor virtual SMP, enabling a single virtual machine to span multiple physical processors
- Captures entire state of a virtual machine and rolls back at any time with the click of a single button
- Protects investment with an easy virtual machine migration path to VMware infrastructure