University of Maryland, Clark School of Engineering
The Clark School of Engineering, situated on the rolling, 1,500-acre University of Maryland campus in College Park, Md., is one of the premier engineering schools in the U.S., with graduate and undergraduate education programs ranked in or near the Top 20. The Clark School garnered research awards of $171 million in the last year. With emphasis in key areas such as energy, nanotechnology and materials, bioengineering, robotics, communications and networking, life cycle and reliability engineering, project management, intelligent transportation systems and aerospace, the Clark School is leading the way toward the next generations of engineering advances.
Location: College Park, Maryland, USA
- Comprehensive Thermal Assessment with Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) Modeling
- SmartAisle technologies, including Liebert CRV Row-Based Precision Cooling Solution with Liebert iCOM Controls and remote monitoring facilitated by Liebert’s Virtual Ntegrity Gateway (VNG)
Optimize an existing data center infrastructure for efficiency, availability and space-utilization to promote availability and accommodate future IT growth.
- Doubled data center cooling capacity and physical capacity of data center
- Optimized server configuration and airflow for maximum efficiency and IT availability
- Improved Power Usage Effectiveness (PUE) by 5.5 percent
To read more, download the University of Maryland, Clark School of Engineering case study.