To meet the growing demands of the increasing number of travelers, this international airport embarked on a significant development program to modernize and expand its current facilities and support systems. This included the development of a wireless data network for travelers who demand that the facility provide reliable wireless connectivity, thanks to uninterruptible power solutions.
Location: United States
- Liebert IP Telephony Availability System
- Liebert GXT UPS System
- Liebert OpenComms Monitoring
Create a data center power infrastructure to deliver high-availability power protection for the world’s largest wireless hotspot, and a voice and data wireless telecommunications access system for use by travelers, airlines and other private airport tenants.
- Removed power quality constraints to support current wireless needs and growth plans.
- Overcame data center infrastructure space constraints and security limitations by using innovative, lockable wall-mount power cabinets in 37 existing, distributed and unsecured network access rooms.
- Exceeded 99% system availability goal by establishing power infrastructure that provided 99.99% power availability for wireless system.
To read more, download the International Airport case study