Bay Area Internet Solutions
Bay Area Internet Solutions (BAIS) is one of the largest managed service providers in Northern California. After several significant service expansions in the early 2000s, the company set out to advance its data center design and build its second co-location facility in Santa Clara, Calif. A “Green Colo” facility, the data center offers up to 45,000 square feet of raised floor space and is the first Tier IV data center in Silicon Valley to employ the latest in efficient data center cooling technologies to maximize savings and minimize energy consumption.
Location: Santa Clara, California
- Knurr Cold Aisle Containment (CAC) System from Emerson Network Power
- Knurr Racks and Enclosures
- Liebert CW Computer Room Air Conditioning (CRAC) units with Variable Speed EC Plug Fans
- Liebert Precision Power Centers with Expansion Cabinets
- Liebert FDC Power Distribution Cabinets
- Liebert SiteScan Monitoring
Build and support a world-class, energy-efficient Tier IV facility that delivers 99.999 percent availability to global customers with 24/7/365 operations.
- Engineered an efficient data center infrastructure capable of supporting capacities as high as 300 W per square foot.
- Implemented next-generation data center cooling technologies to increase efficiency up to 30 percent and achieve a low overall power usage efficiency (PUE) rating of 1.4.
- Capitalized on a redundant, N+1 power architecture to ensure 99.999 percent availability.
- Leveraged an on-site monitoring system to enhance service responsiveness and optimize
- Integrated power protection equipment with standard energy-efficient transformers capable of achieving 98.7 percent efficiency.
- Incorporated high efficiency technologies into the cooling infrastructure to save an estimated four million kWh per year, earning a maximum grant allocation from Silicon Valley Power for energy efficiency.
To read more, download the Bay Area Internet Solutions case study.