HESS increasingly depends on data center infrastructure technology to support oil exploration and production. When the company first transitioned from mainframe to blade server technology for its most intense processing tasks, the raised floor system provided adequate but limited data center cooling. When HESS added a second blade server cluster, data center managers saw that they needed a more flexible and scalable approach to cooling.
Location: Houston, Texas
- Liebert XDO Overhead Fan Coils
- Liebert XDC Chiller
- Liebert Deluxe Precision Air Conditioners
- Liebert Series 600 and Liebert Series 610 uninterruptible power
- Liebert PPC Precision Power Centers
- Liebert SiteScan Web
Support uninterrupted operation of expanding high-performance computing center performing geophysical modeling for petroleum exploration.
- Temperature maintained at a stable 60 degrees in a zone containing 1,000 Dell PowerEdge Energy Smart Servers.
- Flawless performance of power and cooling infrastructure delivers 100 percent uptime.
- Real-time data from comprehensive monitoring solution enables preventive maintenance and proactive planning for future changes.
To read more, download the HESS Corporation case study