Data Storage Power Supplies Overview
At Emerson Network Power - Embedded Power, our engineers have been designing and developing power supply products for the data storage market for over 35 years. Our products have helped pave the way for advancements in numerous IT infrastructure data storage systems, including storage area network switches, network-attached storage appliances and RAID networked storage systems.
- The global data storage market is worth approximately $200 billion a year. Overall, enterprise storage systems terabyte shipments will increase to 54.5 extabytes, a 44.9% five-year CAGR.
- Efficiency and Density
- Blade Computing
- Digital Controls
- Data Center Consolidation
- Emerging System Architectures – Grid based and clustered storage solutions
- Modularity and Serverization of Storage
- Storage Optimization and Energy Efficiency – Virtualization, Data Deduplication, Thin Provisioning, Multi-tiering.
- Cloud Storage
- Emergence of SSD-based storage systems
- Emergence of SAS as a standard storage interconnect
- The rise of file-based storage and its impact on NAS
- Fiber channel over ethernet (FCoBE)
Given that data centers are such large users of power, with factors such as the ENERGY STAR program and the Climate Savers Computing Initiative forcing users to seek various means of reducing their energy demands, the key attribute of power supplies for IT infrastructure type data storage applications is conversion efficiency. Cost, reliability, acoustic noise and power density – and hence physical size – are also important attributes.
To take the next steps in learning about, finding or purchasing data storage power supplies for your specialized field, click on one of the icons below:
Data Storage Applications We Power
Emerson Network Power - Embedded Power provides a complete suite of power conversion solutions to meet the needs of data storage applications.
- Enterprise Storage Systems
- I/O Intensive Storage Systems
- Storage Networks (FC Switch, HBA, FCoE CAN)
- Performance-Optimized Storage Systems (FC, SCSI, SASHDD)
- Capacity Optimized Storage Systems (HC-LC Disk Drives, ATA, FTA, SATA)
For more information on Data Storage Power Supplies and Sales Support
For more information about our data storage power supplies or to place an order please call us toll-free in the U.S. on 888-412-7832 or locate your nearest sales representative, distributor or value added reseller.
Why Emerson Network Power - Embedded Power?
Worldwide, there are several data storage power supply manufacturers to choose from, many of which produce good products. One of the leading companies is Emerson Network Power - Embedded Power, which is responsible for the well-known Astec and Artesyn brands. Together, these two product brands encompass literally thousands of ac-dc power supplies and dc-dc converters. Emerson offers a large variety of standard, modified and custom ac-dc power supplies covering a 2 to 4,920 watt power band, together with an extensive range of dc-dc converters covering a 3 to 700 watt power band, to most of the world's most leading manufacturers of data storage equipment.